The Big Dig encourages children to explore and discover local history through a tactile experience.
Challenge Questions for Kids
Encourage your child to identify what they discover:
1. What is the state fossil?
2. Who founded Bucks County?
3. How was the conch shell used on the Delaware Canal?
What are Kids Learning?
PA Early Learning & 1st Grade Academic Standards addressed in the Big Dig include:
• Understand a sequence of events
• Choose and use an appropriate tool for a task
• Locate information on identified topics using resources provided
• Understand chronological thinking and distinguish between past and present
• Identify material artifacts important in Pennsylvania history