The General Store and Post Office encourage kids to explore basic math and writing concepts including coin recognition, weight, categorizing and sorting as well as letter and number recognition.
Challenge Questions for Kids
Encourage your child to investigate through pretend play:
1. What coin is this and how much is it worth?
2. How much does this bag weigh?
3. Look at the address on the postcard. Can you deliver the mail to the right box?
What are Kids Learning?
PA Early Learning & 1st Grade Academic Standards addressed in the General Store and Post Office include:
• Identify penny, nickel, dime, and quarter
• Represent addition and subtraction in everyday situations using concrete objects
• Estimate compare and measure the weight of an object
• Separate concrete objects and categorize them
• Sort objects by letter or number